Re: Jdeveloper isn't FREE?!

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 23:49:33 GMT

there are a bunch of free java IDE's. Jdevelopers only real edge(that I can see) and its a big one is that it will write your jdbc code and connect to the database. The drag and drop is not that great and needs another generation.

I have not used it that extensively though. Just playing around with it and reading the book. It seems to do a pretty good job with the JDBC code and the wizards are easy to use. In the past it was notorious for writing bad code that would have to be changed if you did anything that was more than the pure basics. Dont know about this version. So few people are using it in production, I have yet to see a fair evaluation of the tool written up anywhere.

I think netbeans is free. netbeans.org