Re: Doesn't anybody know how to insert an image using Forms???

From: J Alex <jalexanderssd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 03:12:06 GMT

[Quoted] "J Alex" <jalexanderssd_at_yahoo.com> wrote

> "Viberg" <familjen.viberg_at_telia.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I'm trying again:
> >
> > I'd like to update my simple Forms (vers 5) app to include an
image-item.
> > have a column (defined as a blob) and believe it should be possible to
> > populate this field by drag-and-drop an image-file, e.g. .jpg, to the
> > corresponding field during an insert operation. I'm a 99.9% sure I've
done
> > this some year ago but can't remember HOW TO make it work... any clues??
> > was hoping to be able to accomplish this without coding any triggers.
> >

> I've never needed it, so can't vouch for it, but Forms has a built-in
> READ_IMAGE_FILE for precisely that purpose.

Just re-read your post and realized that it's the drag and drop you're looking for, not saving the image.

However, there is a drag and drop implented in a test version of a form provided at install which I have tested back in 5.0 and found it to work pretty well. I went looking for it but don't have it anymore, but MetaLink says it is available if you install the demos in 6i (5.0 may be the same). The demo form is dragdrop.fmb and uses the library drag.pll. Received on Mon Feb 24 2003 - 04:12:06 CET

Original text of this message