Re: Migration oracle forms 5 to oracle forms 6

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 08:46:24 -0800

SF wrote:

> Hello Daniel,
>
> Thanks very much for the information you provided.
> I am really new into this.I agree with you on going to 6i.
> What are the other ways, instead of just recompiling?
> What type of problems I may have after recompiling?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> LM
>
> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > SF wrote:
> >
> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > > I have been asked to migrate a forms 5 application to forms 6. Does
> anyone
> > > have any information that can help me on this? Are there any major
> > > differences between version 5 and 6? Would you be able to refer me to
> some
> > > white papers, web sites, or books in this regard? Your help in this
> regard
> > > will be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Many thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > LM
> >
> > There are differences but you should be able to solve most of them by a
> simple
> > recompilation. But are you really going to 6 rather than 6i?
> >
> > I would suggest that you just move the .FMBs to the new environment and
> > recompile. You may find you have no problems at all.
> >
> > Daniel Morgan

Can't answer that without knowing what you've got. Either way ... first step would be to try a recompile on a dev. machine. Some questions can not be answered except through experimentation. You may have no problems at all.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Feb 04 2003 - 17:46:24 CET

Original text of this message