Reports 6 - Rows Overwriting

From: Sheila Thackray <sheila.thackray_at_bartter.com.au>
Date: 2 Feb 2003 17:52:54 -0800

Hello,

Report Structure of the Layout Model (All within the report body, no header, trailer or margins exist):

M1_STATEMENT Frame (non-repeating)

     | -- M_REMIT_TO_ADDRESS
     |
     | -- M_LINE_CLUSTER_GRPFR Frame (non-repeating)
              |
              | -- M_1 Frame (non-repeating)
                       |
                       | -- R_LINE_CLUSTER3 Frame (repeating)
                       |
                       | -- M_BUCKET_SUMMARY1 Frame (non-repeating)
                       |
                       | -- M_RECEIPT_SUMMARY1 Frame (non-repeating)

M1_STATEMENT Frame &#8211; Page Protect = N, Vertical Elasticity = Variable, Horizontal Elasticity = Fixed, Print Object On = First Page, Base Printing On = Enclosing Object

M_REMIT_TO_ADDRESS Frame &#8211; Page Protect = Y, Vertical Elasticity
= Expand, Horizontal Elasticity = Fixed, Print Object On = First Page,
Base Printing On = Enclosing Object

M_LINE_CLUSTER_GRPFR Frame &#8211; Page Protect = N, Vertical Elasticity = Variable, Horizontal Elasticity = Fixed, Print Object On
= First Page, Base Printing On = Anchoring Object

M_1 Frame &#8211; Page Protect = N, Vertical Elasticity = Variable, Horizontal Elasticity = Fixed, Print Object On = First Page, Base Printing On = Enclosing Object

R_LINE_CLUSTER3 Frame &#8211; Page Protect = N, Vertical Elasticity = Variable, Horizontal Elasticity = Fixed, Print Object On = First Page, Base Printing On = Enclosing Object

M_BUCKET_SUMMARY1 Frame &#8211; Page Protect = Y, Vertical Elasticity
= Fixed, Horizontal Elasticity = Fixed, Print Object On = First Page,
Base Printing On = Enclosing Object

M_RECEIPT_SUMMARY1 Frame &#8211; Page Protect = N, Vertical Elasticity
= Variable, Horizontal Elasticity = Fixed, Print Object On = First
Page, Base Printing On = Anchoring Object

An anchor exists between M_BUCKET_SUMMARY1 (parent) and M_RECEIPT_SUMMARY1 (child).

Problem:

In some situations, the number of rows in the R_LINE_CLUSTER3 causes the rows in M_BUCKET_SUMMARY1 to span physical pages, the page protect forces all rows in M_BUCKET_SUMMARY1 to print on the next page. However, the rows in M_RECEIPT_SUMMARY1 are not being shifted down accordingly and so the rows in M_BUCKET_SUMMARY1 overwrite the rows in M_RECEIPT_SUMMARY1. I have tried numerous variations without luck, including adding the anchor which Help suggests to overcome this problem.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Sheila Thackray Received on Mon Feb 03 2003 - 02:52:54 CET

Original text of this message