Re: Migrating Oracle Forms to web

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:28:52 -0800

Rafa García wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We want to migrate our Oracle Forms 5.0 application from client/server
> technology to web development, so we're deciding whether we will
> continue working with Oracle (Oracle Developer 9i) or we'll change to
> Microsoft (.net).
>
> Any suggestion?
> Any migration tool recommended?
>
> Thanx.

I'd stay away from .NET unless there is something about last week's internet debacle you failed to understand.

Working here in the Seattle area and with friends at Microsoft the word is that the vulnerabilities abound.

And why go through all of the retraining, etc. when you can leverage technology you already know?

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jan 31 2003 - 17:28:52 CET

Original text of this message