Re: HOWTO: Get the default value for an argument of Stored Function / Procedure using OCI

From: Adrian Capp <adrian.capp_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:02:06 +0000 (UTC)

Interestingly enough the Dictionary view "ALL_ARGUMENTS" has a "DEFAULT_VALUE" column. However, this is always blank.

A bit of digging has resulted in finding out that this has been an Oracle bug since Oracle 7.

I'm using Oracle 9i (Release 1).

Still like to hear from anyone who has any thoughts on this.

Thanks

Adrian