Oracle 8 + Win XP : problems with export/import tool of DBA studio.

From: Scorpio <_scorpio_at_libero.it>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 17:14:51 GMT

Hi to the ng !

I've installed on my system (win xp home edition) Oracle 8 Enterprise Edition. The problem is, when I try to execute with DBA studio export (or import, the result is the same) or import, I get an VNI-2015 error... I've read many threads on this problem (it seems to be quite common to unexperienced - like me ;-) - users ), so I've created:
- a super administrator X with password Y (to login into Oracle Enterprise
Management)
- the same user X with the same password Y (with DBA, SYSDBA, SYSOP
privileges granted) for the DBMS;
- the same user X with the same password Y (to login into XP)

'Cause with these settings, on NT/ Win 2k all works fine, I'm wondering if there's some know incompatibility with XP home, as I cannot make it working

Can anybody help me ?

Thanx a lot ! Received on Sat Jan 25 2003 - 18:14:51 CET

Original text of this message