Re: nullifying all variables in a package

From: Matthias Rogel <rogelREMOVE_at_THISweb.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:23:10 +0100

Kamal wrote:
> For Matthias Rogel's solution: it's useful, but I didn't want to
> mantain that procedure every time I need a new global variable.
>
> Tnx to all!
>
> Kamal

hi kamal,

of course, the ultimate solution would be:

write (in PL/SQL !!) a procedure parses a package (only the package, not the body) and return a list of variables

then execute immediate 'begin ' || v1 || ':= null;'; ... would do the trick.

When U have finished writing this ultimate solution (it looks like an interesting homework for the weekend) please send me a copy :-)

matthias Received on Fri Jan 24 2003 - 17:23:10 CET

Original text of this message