9iAS R2 FORMS & REPORTS server

From: Ban Spam <oracledba_at_operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 14:46:29 GMT

Since Oracle has been unable to help and since I'm desparate, I'm hoping that somebody here will be able to provide me a much needed clue.

We hope/plan to have separate Development, Q/A and Production Forms & Reports servers running R2, (not R1).

AFAIK, The Forms builtin function RUN_REPORT_OBJECT requires a Reports Server servername to be specified; such as "server=repserver".

What do I have to do to get a single code base to successfully run in all three (Dev., Q/A, & Prod) environments (WITHOUT any changes to the code)?

I have not found any way to "redirect" or alias the server name via any sort of "administrative" setup or at the OS. We know it could possibly be done via a table lookup, but we'd like to avoid this "solution" if at all possible. AFAIK - R2 Forms Server does NOT utiliize the tnsnames.ora file to locate the Reports Server. Also R2 precludes having two Reports Servers with the same name on the same network.

FWIW - in case it matters, this is being done on Solaris boxes. Received on Thu Jan 09 2003 - 15:46:29 CET

Original text of this message