Re: SQL PLUS Double-At (_at_@) fails

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 17:54:32 GMT

Phil Jollans wrote:
> We have very mixed experience using the double-at (_at_@) operator in our
> SQL scripts, to include other scripts in the same directory.
>
> On most, but not all, machines it fails. I think that the error is
> SP2-0310 (file not found).
>
> I am quite certain that the files are all present and in the same
> directory as the main script.
>
> The client machines are usually running Windows 2000 (but may be NT or
> XP).
>
> Since the alternative is to hard code the path of the scripts in the
> top level script, we would very much like to use the useful double-at
> operator.
>
> Has anybody any idea why it would fail?
>
> Phil
How do you execute the parent script? If you're using sqlplusw.exe (the windows version of sqlplus), type 'host' ... this will open a DOS window and show you what your current working directory is.

One annoying feature of sqlplusw is that you either supply the full path to the script or you have to first File/Open to get yourself to the correct working directory. If you type '_at_\full\path\script' to execute the parent script, you'll be in the 'bin' directory (or whatever you've supplied as the working directory for the shortcut). If you do the File/Open and browse to the correct directory, open the file, then Control-C out, then '_at_script', you'll be in the correct directory.

You can also set a semicolon-delimited path to search in the SQLPATH registry entry under HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOMEn. But you wouldn't want to do that on every client. Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 18:54:32 CET

Original text of this message