audit trail

From: Winston Leew <jorikai_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 15:56:50 +0800

[Quoted] Hi, I have set audit_trail = db for oracle 8.1.6 in init.ora (D:\Oracle\admin\livedb\pfile)

The result is it writes to SYS.AUD$ table and it works well.

But if I change the audit_trail = os - enables auditing, writing to the operating system's audit trail (OS-dependent),

I've read that it defaults to $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/audit, but I can't seems to find any traces of anything related to the audit_trail.

Any kind soul out there, please offer some advice. Thanks in advance. Received on Mon Jan 06 2003 - 08:56:50 CET

Original text of this message