Re: Oracle enterprise manager

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 15:06:09 GMT

"Matthew Lobur" <mlobur_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:lcjO9.149907$a8.125081_at_news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
> Hello, I am a newbie to Oracle. I just installed and I am using hte
Oracle
> Enterprise manager to just connect to my database. When I try is prompts
me
> for a usrname and password. The funny thing is I don't remember the
> installation prompting me to set these up? Should I reinstall or is there
> way to figure out what it is asking?
>

> thanks,
>

> matt lobur

When you create a database, Oracle installs several default usernames/passwords. Two that are of particular interest to the DBA are:

sys/change_on_install
system/manager

You should quickly change these passwords because every Oracle user on the planet knows about them. Received on Wed Dec 25 2002 - 16:06:09 CET

Original text of this message