Re: jrew using 90% cpu

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:48:46 -0500

> You should know that JAVA is fully platform independent language. That
> basically means that all bugs, performance problems and hangups can be
> easily ported between various platforms. :-)

Not the same code for the interpreter runs on all platforms. If the problem comes from the script you're right. If it comes from the interpreter you're not.
And chances are the problem comes from the interpreter, for the particular implementation of java on this machine, or else from whatever object (read: system call) that resides on this system and that is called by the interpreter. And we come back to Windows, which is the worldwide champion for problems with conflicts with the DLL's leading for (not so) funny problems.

my 2 cents

--

Syltrem
http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem (OpenVMS related web site - en français)

1e8276d6.0212170737.d1991ed_at_posting.google.com...