Portal -- users can't see database objects

From: berkeleydb <berkeleydb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2002 07:24:19 -0800

I have 9iAS Ver 2 on Windows2K, and want to develop forms and other applications on Oracle Portal.

Using the Portal Design-Time pages, I have the portal_admin logon, but cannot "see" any database objects under the Database Objects tab of Page Groups or under the Administer Database tab of the home page.

Questions:

What must be done to enable portal_admin to see database objects like schemas and tables ?

What steps do I tell my DBA to take to enable things(ie privileges, etc), and are these steps to be undertaken on the database or with Portal ?

Does the underlying database user "Portal" need explicit object permissions for, say, the Scott/Tiger schema in order for portal admins and developers to be able to use the objects?

Thanks, Received on Fri Dec 13 2002 - 16:24:19 CET

Original text of this message