Is there a way to group a parent by child queries? In oracle reports

From: Mark Burns <mburns_at_sjm.com>
Date: 11 Dec 2002 14:21:40 -0800

[Quoted] I have a report to display data from 3 tables. The db model looks like this: RMV table (related to Fragment by FK, many to one) Fragment table (related to CoordFrag by FK, one to many) CoordFrag table (related to ROM by FK, many to one) ROM table (related to Address by FK, one to many) Address table
or
RMV >>---Fragment---<<CoordFrag>>---ROM----<<Address

For each RMV there are many ROM's (and therefore Addresses) For each ROM there is only one Address
My problem is that I have several groups and the they are not in same order as querys. The report should look like this:

RMV_Name(1)

Address(1) ROM(1)(2)(3)
Address(2) ROM(4)
Address(3) ROM(5)

RMV_field2(1)
RMV_field3(1)

RMV_Name(2)

Address(4) ROM(4)(6)(7)
Address(5) ROM(5)
Address(6) ROM(1)

RMV_field2(2)
RMV_field3(2)
etc,etc
As you can see above I have 3 groups:
1)RMV (grouped down)
2)Address (grouped down)
3)ROM (grouped accross)

My problem is how do I group the ROM's by the Addresses, since I do not want to repeat the address for each ROM it has. Since I have to go through the ROM table to get the addresses I don't know how to group a parent (ROM) by the Child(Address).

[Quoted] Thanks for any help
Mark Received on Wed Dec 11 2002 - 23:21:40 CET

Original text of this message