Re: Storing .EXE files in the database

From: SoulSurvivor <markyg_7_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 5 Dec 2002 00:29:40 -0800

You cannot do that directly. You'd have to use a combination of DBMS_LOB and either an external procedure written in C or Java to put the binary data back on the filesystem. Once back on the filesystem, you can run the .exe as normal.

If you use Google (groups.google.com), search for 'Store large Word or PDF file in DB', it should take you to a thread which i replied to back in the day undername MarkyG. The concept is the same.