MS ODBC driver for Oracle error

From: Henk Hultink <hhu_at_stopspam.stoas.nl>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 13:50:06 +0100

Hi,

[Quoted] Hope I'm in the right newsgroup for this. An application based on ASP, VBS and XML generates errors in the ODBC-driver; among others an error ORA-02088: distributed database option not installed. Other errors ORA-02054, ORA-02063 and ORA-06512.

I fail to understand why the process would need this option. So my question [Quoted] is: is it possible that the error is caused by one database having the option installed and the other not having the option installed? Or could it [Quoted] be a version-problem (one database is 7.3.4, the other one is 8i)?

TIA for any suggestion.

--
H. Hultink
Software Engineer