Thoughts/documentation on using API to access database?

From: TracyN <tnasset_at_questx.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 22:20:02 -0700

[Quoted] My company is looking at using API's to access our Oracle database rather than directly hitting the database using the built in functionality of [Quoted] forms and reports, which has been our standard up to this point. The selling points they are pushing are increased security and reusable code.

I'm skeptical, but willing to take a look. Has anyone had experience doing this? Does anyone know where I might find any reference material on this? Thanks.

Tracy Received on Mon Nov 04 2002 - 06:20:02 CET

Original text of this message