9ias report server

From: Pootie <pootie_at_london.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 21:37:37 -0500

Greetings,

I cannot seem to get the 9ias Report Server to return the PDF file to my browser when my Form runs a report form its menu. If I just send the server the request
(http://mydomain:7777/reports/rwservlet?report=d:\path\report.rdf&userid=me/ pw_at_servertnsname&destype=cache&desformat=PDF) in the browser, it works fine; but when I use the RUN_REPORT_OBJECT built_in from a Form (menu) to do (I thought) the same thing, resulting PDF does not return to the browser. Ideally, it should spawn a new browser window containing the displayed PDF. The report properties in the calling form are FILENAME (d:\path\report.rdf), BATCH, ASYNCHRONOUS, CACHE, REP_SERV_NAME, and USER_ID=me/pw_at_servertnsname in Other Parameters. I know the report is executing properly because I have examined the report server queue, and the completed job is listed. How to I tell it to shoot the PDF back over the web to my browser? This process was similar in the old client/server days when the destination was PREVIEW, and RUNFORM took care of the data, but for the moment I am baffled. Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 04:37:37 CEST

Original text of this message