Re: Tora doesn't work / Alternatives

From: Tim Cross <tcross_at_nospam.une.edu.au>
Date: 30 Sep 2002 12:10:44 +1000

Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> writes:

> Markus Seme wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I would like access to a oracle database from a linux-box , so i tried to
> > use TORA ( v.1.2.0 and v.1.2.4 ).

I could not get the pre-built versions of Tora to connect to Oracle 77.3.4 or 8.1.7 from my linux Debian box. However, I got the sources and did my own build and it now works fine. Since you say you can connect from sqlplus and you have installed the client libraries, I would recommend building Tora fromt he sources - it is very easy. You may need to download some of the graphics libraries and install them to get the build to work, but thats pretty easy (at least under Debian it is). Just follow the simple instructions in the docs - building from source is very simple for Tora. From memory, I think you just need to run a configure script, do a make and then a make install.

--
Tim Cross					E-Mail: tcross_at_pobox.une.edu.au
Analyst/Programmer                               Phone: 6773 3210