LOV in Forms 4.5 pops up: why?

From: Henk Hultink <hhu_at_stopspam.stoas.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:18:55 +0200

Hi all,

[Quoted] We are still using Oracle Forms 4.5 on Win98. I have the following problem: I have an item with an LOV attached, and the [Quoted] LOV automatically pops up when a wildcard is entered in the field. The LOV for validation on the item is set to false, and I can't find any trigger or [Quoted] procedure that sets this property to true. Seems that the wildcard (%) automatically triggers the LOV to pop up anyway, [Quoted] akthough I want to allow the user to enter wildcards. So this is annoying. Does anybody have an idea how to stop the LOV from popping up? TIA.

--
H. Hultink
Software Engineer

e-mail: hhu_at_stopspam.stoas.nl