Re: SQL : informations about occupied data/index

From: cava123 <cava123_at_noos.fr>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 02:18:48 +0200

[Quoted] request USER_SEGMENTS dont much informations about data USED sql> select * from user_segments where segment_name = 'DEPT'; ==> 10 240 Blocks
sql> select count(*) from dept ;

   ==> 4
and the average size of data in DEPT is : sql> analyze table DEPT compute statistics ; sql> select avg_row_len * num_rows ||' bytes ' from user_tables where table_name='DEPT' ;
==> 92 bytes

SEGMENT_NAME SEGMENT_TYPE TABLESPACE_NAME BLOCKS EXTENTS FREELISTS

DEPT                 TABLE             USER_DATA                10240         1         1

that is mean