Re: ORA-01031 Help me!

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:10:09 +1000

I'm completely confused as well ...

Simone, as Niall as stated, the 4 schemas you have mentioned are effectively 4 users. You are aware of this ?

Are you trying to create 4 more users (8 users in total) or do you want to grant new privileges to the 4 existing schemas/users ?

Are these 4 new users basically to be granted permission to access the objects in schema/user 1 ?

How precisely are you getting your errors ? While trying to grant the various privileges to the 4 new users or while one of the 4 users is trying to access a table in schema/user 1 ?

Why are the 4 new users being granted the connect and resource roles ? Other than being able to connect to the database (which only requires the create session privilege) and to access the tables in schema 1, do these users need to be able to create a view, create a table, alter a session, create a cluster, create a synonym, create a sequence, create a database link, create a type, create a trigger, create an operation, create an indextype or create a procedure ? If not, why are you granting them these privileges ?

Some further clarification is required I'm afraid (and you thought you were asking the questions ;)

Sorry

Richard