Re: can't uninstall old oracle client sw, can't install new sw over top

From: Tom Swier <tswier_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Sep 2002 05:09:32 -0700

"dave" <david_vendelin_at_hp.com> wrote in message news:<am5sdj$71f$1_at_web1.cup.hp.com>...
> I am not familiar with Oracle and I am having trouble installing the new
> Oracle client sw (on Windows). It seems to have it's own way of
> "uninstalling" software that I can't get to work. When I hit the
> "deinstall" button, it shows me a bunch of it's products but the "remove"
> button is disabled, so I can't remove the products.
>
> So, then I decided I'll just install over the top of the old Oracle client
> installation.... then it eventually gives me a msg "Oracle 8i client cannot
> be installed into an existing 8.0 ORACLE_HOME".
>
> Any ideas what can be done?
> Thanks

The "Remove" button is disabled because you haven't selected anything to uninstall. If you click on the "+" signs to the left of the products and put checkmarks in the empty boxes by clicking on them, the "Remove" button wil be enabled and you can then complete the deinstallation.

Tom Swier

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. -- Mark Twain Received on Tue Sep 17 2002 - 14:09:32 CEST

Original text of this message