Re: Saving database data in a file on the client PC - How?

From: Tony Matthews <tony.matthews_at_SpamJam.ds-s.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:34:46 +0100

"Rauf Sarwar" <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:92eeeff0.0207311114.2c4aacae_at_posting.google.com...

> If I understand you correctly,
> You want to have client A making a request to Database A to generate a
> file with some data to send it back to Client A.
>
> HTH
> //Rauf Sarwar

Errm, not quite! There's another tier between the desktop and the database.

The user is running a browser on his desktop (PC A) which is displaying an Oracle Form. This form actually runs on another machine (PC B) which is running a product called Oracle Forms Server. This product connects to a third machine (PC C) which runs the Oracle Database.

What I want is for the user to click on a button in the browser form on PC A, which sends the event to the application server on PC B, which gets the relevent data from the database on PC C and somehow have this data end up a file of the users choice back on PC A.

--

To reply by e-mail, remove SpamJam from my address
--  --