Re: Is it possible to create activeX with Forms?

From: Yves B. <loompo_2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2002 06:18:07 -0700

Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3D46A6A8.15E61FBC_at_exesolutions.com>...
> "Yves B." wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm new to Forms. I want to know if it is possible to create an
> > activeX composant with Forms.
> > Because, I need to integrate a part of an application created with
> > Forms in a VisualBasic application.
> >
> > Tia
>
> Try this experiment ...
>
> Click on Help
> Type in 'ActiveX'
>
> I don't mind helping those that try to help themselves but you will not
> be able to convince me that clicking on Help was beyond your ability ...
> new ... or not.
>
> But as long as we've come this far ...
>
> Open Forms.
> Open any existing form.
> Click on any text item (field) on the form
> Click on Item Type
> Scroll through the list.
>

> Daniel Morgan

I thanks you to think that I'm an idiot!! But I'm not sure that you read my question very well!! You have to make a different between a COMPOSANT and a CONTAINER!!

a CONTAINER (which is refrence in the Forms help) allow to include activeX COMPOSANT (made in other language) in a window.

a COMPOSANT IS the ActiveX itself (The .OCX), so you can include the composant in almost every application (in almost language).

That's what I explained in the second sentence of my first mail!! I want to INCLUDE ORACLE FORMS OBJECT (in ActiveX Format )IN AN OTHER APPLICATION (for my case in VB)
and NOT include an ActiveX in a Oracle Forms application.

So please, next time, before insulting someone,

    BE SURE, YOU'VE UNDERSTAND HIS POST Hope You're going to sleep less stupid tonight.

Yves.B Received on Wed Jul 31 2002 - 15:18:07 CEST

Original text of this message