Oracle Menus

From: Scott Haas <haas_at_scpa.sri.com>
Date: 29 Jul 2002 08:09:48 -0700

We have an application that uses over 50 main forms which can be considerd to be sub-applications. Each main form in a sub-application uses the same generic main-menu. Currently, the menu is comprised of items that merley call built-ins. I am in the process of customizing this menu to add specific options that apply to specifically to our applications. I have a prototype of the menu constructed, and the options that call the built-ins are working fine, as expected.

Since several of the applications vary slightly in functionality, my intention was to move the code for a given object in each sub-application into a module in the pl/sql code area of each form and give the module the same name for each sub-application. Then, from within the appropriate menu item, I attempted to call this particular procedure generically. The menu does not recognize that the procedure I'm attempting to call exists.

Is what I'm attempting to do even possible? If not, is there a way to give a user-written procedure the same status as an Oracle built-in in that it will be recognized from every component within the GUI so that it may be utitlized from within the menu code?

Thanks. Received on Mon Jul 29 2002 - 17:09:48 CEST

Original text of this message