Re: Setting up jobs with the Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 21:18:50 +0100

"Rick Denoire" <100.17706_at_germanynet.de> wrote in message news:pai3kus4a5q4e6tvpi7rn80b54211u5b3u_at_4ax.com...
> Hello
>
> In order to set up a job using the OEM, one has to put the user
> credentials to the node in the preferred settings. That works fine for
> our Unix DB (Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris 2.7).
>
> But for some reason that does not work, when the DB Server is Windows
> Based (NT SP6). I put the credentials of the user "oracle" but then I
> get an error message in a pop-up box telling me that I was rejected
> and the job stops immediately after starting, according to the
> messages in the OMC.

[Quoted] You may have to talk to the sysadmin for your domain but I'd be a bit suprised of Oracle were a valid NT account. Oracle is more usually installed under either the local administrator account for the machine (we do this) or as a member of the Domain Admins group in a windows environement.

[Quoted] If oracle is a valid account you may also have to prefix it with either the domain name or the machine name depending on what sort of account it is

eg MYDOMAIN\oracle

finally passwords (but not usernames) are case sensitive on NT.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA