Change Management Package

From: Tom Best <oracle_person_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:34:36 -0400

This is a general request to anyone who has experience with the Oracle Change Management Package. I'm not so much interested in resolving specific problems or questions, but rather would like to know if people are successfully using it and how they like it. I'm a little leary of using it to control stored procedures. The visual code comparison doesn't look like it does much for me as far as identifying what changed in the code. I'm leaning toward using CVS to control code, and OCM for other DB objects.

Performance seems to be a problem too. Baselining an entire database may take days.

BTW I'm using version 9.2 on Win2k at the moment.

Anyone have anything to share? Success stories? Email me directly if you like.

Thanks,
Tom Best Received on Tue Jul 23 2002 - 17:34:36 CEST

Original text of this message