Re: Recommendations for job scheduling tools for oracle 8.1.7

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 08:58:14 +0200

[Quoted] "Adam Rothberg" <adamr1000_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message [Quoted] news:68326679.0207201807.1af08811_at_posting.google.com...
> I am looking for a recommendation for a job scheduling tool for oracle
> 8.1.7.
>
> i used to use oracle enterprise manager because it was very easy to
> schedule tasks and receive email notifications of failures. However,
> it has become extrememly cumbersome to use because of jobs never
> deleting from the queue, impossible to move the jobs from one oem
> instance to another (without recreating them manually on the new
> instance!), and several other problems i have come across.
>
> i am now using the dbms_job package, but i don't get the email
> notifications on failure and it's not as easy for a non-DBA to use.
>
> any recommendations? i don't need anything too complex - just trying
> to schedule calls to some stored procedures and receive notification
> emails on success or failure.
>
> thanks.

The email notification could be done with proper exception handling from the stored procedure you are running through dbms_jobs. No extra products required.
[Quoted] The only other alternative I know is Redwood JCS, though the newest version [Quoted] of this product might have been called differently. Their site is www.redwood.nl

Ht

--
Sybrand Bakker