jdev 9i: Recommended development-machine spec: seeking opinions

From: mwm <mike_at_ward-murphy.co.uk>
Date: 26 Jun 2002 05:45:06 -0700

All,

My current laptop has problems running these newfangled development tools,
so I think it's time to upgrade.
I'd be grateful for any opinions on exactly what spec of machine I need to get to ensure I don't get wound up waiting for it to respond! The one (Win2K) machine is supposed to fulfil all my development requirements, so I guess it'll be concurrently running JDev 9i using BC4J against an 8i or 9i
database server, with Internet Explorer v5+ and maybe the odd Windows app.
BTW: I've read that the minimum requirements are a PIII 500 with
>256MB ram, but IIRC I also read a review that said JDev was extremely
slow on
a PIII 500 with 512Meg.

Thanks for any advice! Received on Wed Jun 26 2002 - 14:45:06 CEST

Original text of this message