Execute immediate in forms6 not recognized?

From: ram <rmurray_at_NRCan.gc.ca>
Date: 11 Jun 2002 11:52:04 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am trying a dynamic PL/SQL to get a single value from a table where the name of the table and the column to query are determined at runtime. If I try

EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'SELECT '||v_lookupf||' FROM '||v_lookup||' WHERE '||. . . etc.

in any procedure or function (even by itself) I get

Encountered the symbol IMMEDIATE when expecting one of the following . . .etc.

Not understanding why this was happening I tried the old method of EXEC_SQL.OPEN_CURSOR etc. and got 4 errors, then DBMS_SQL.OPEN_CURSOR etc. and got 5 errors, so I think I try to fix the single error in execute immediate. Any suggestions? Received on Tue Jun 11 2002 - 20:52:04 CEST

Original text of this message