Re: SQLLDR Import of Flat files. How to handle Null fields properly

From: Tony <ar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 13:07:22 +0100

Hi there,

Thanks for your help. I started from scratch and noticed that something was wrong with the control file.

Here is the control file that eventually worked for me. Notice that for the first column that II had to take out the data type for it to work right.

By inserting the data type for the OBJID field the data import gets confused for some reason. Anyway thanks again and is now all working

regards

Tony

  • Written BY TRees to import Flat file information -- LOAD DATA INFILE shipping.txt into TABLE TABLE_IMP_TEST TRUNCATE FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' TRAILING NULLCOLS (OBJID , ORACLE_REF CHAR NULLIF ORACLE_REF=BLANKS, ACCOUNT_NAME CHAR NULLIF ACCOUNT_NAME=BLANKS, ORG_ID CHAR NULLIF ORG_ID=BLANKS, SITE_ID CHAR NULLIF SITE_ID=BLANKS, SITE_NAME CHAR NULLIF SITE_NAME=BLANKS, SHIP_REF CHAR NULLIF SHIP_REF=BLANKS, BILL_REF CHAR)