Re: Enterprise Manager on Windows NT

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:07:37 +0100

It looks to me like the server on which the management server is running does not have a tnsnames entry for the repository database.

if you have multiple oracle homes you can either set a system environment variable TNS_ADMIN pointing at the directory in which the definitive tnsnames.ora is located, or copy the same tnsnames.ora among all oracle homes.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

"Chloe Crowder" <chloe.crowder_at_bl.uk> wrote in message

> I've installed Oracle 8.1.7 including Enterprise Manager on an Windows NT4
> server, and a Client Installation on an NT4 workstation. I've created a
> repository database and used the Configuration Assistant to make it a
> repository. However when I attempt to start the Oracle 8i Management
Server