creating datamodel sql script from microsoft visio file

From: Sharkie <sharkdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2002 23:56:03 -0700

I was sent a set of microsoft visio files which have pictures of datamodels. I need to write sql create scripts for these.

The visio file is just a graphical representation of the data model. It has table boxes with column names in it. Lines between boxes represent relationships.

The problem is, it's just a picture, I can't copy the text (f.ex. column names) from it. I can of course manually type each table and column name into the script, but since the datamodels are rather big, this would be very time consuming, and with potential of spelling errors.

I can save this file in many graphical formats: jpeg, gif, bmp, postscript, etc... but not in text format.

Are there any tools that would allow me to read just the text from these pictures, and paste them into a text editor, f.ex.? I could easily take care of the scripts from there. Received on Wed May 01 2002 - 08:56:03 CEST

Original text of this message