Oracle 9iAS vs. IBM WebSphere

From: Kekko <dini.f_at_adr.it>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:18:50 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,
I know the subject is too much complex to be discussed in this NG but I would know if there are some characteristic in these products that make one better than other.
IMHO Oracle is preferable for its development tools, as Forms, JDeveloper, Portal, that make easy to develop applications who interact with an Oracle DB. For companies that have a lot of applications developed in Oracle environment, it's very fast the migration towards web application with 9iAS.
Which are the IBM WebSphere better characteristic? Thanks
Kekko