HELP- SQL*PLUS on PC could NOT connect to Oracle on Sun

From: Mario King <hliji_at_usa.net>
Date: 22 Apr 2002 08:50:54 -0700

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I installed Oracle client software on my PC (including ODBC, Net8 and SQL*PLUS). My oracle server is on Sun. I could make ODBC and Net8 working [Quoted] - from ODBC testing tool, I could send query to Oracle. BUT the SQL*PLUS could NOT connect to Oracle. It gave me error saying "Service Name is not recognized". On ODBC, I set up a data source using right SID and Service Name. It seems that SQL*PLUS didn't use this data source. How do you configure it to accept SID and Service Name of Oracle server? Received on Mon Apr 22 2002 - 17:50:54 CEST

Original text of this message