Re: Connecting as Sys with Toad and 9i

From: Richard Kuhler <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 20:08:50 GMT

You'll have to use to 'password file authentication' ...

  1. orapwd file=$ORACLE_HOME/dbs/orapw password=<sys password> entries=<users>

Make sure to set entries higher than the number of users you will ever grant sysdba to.

as sys ...

2. alter system set remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive scope = spfile;

That's assuming you're using an spfile otherwise add it to your init.ora.

3. bounce the instance

After that you should be able to connect as sys remotely with the password.

Richard