Re: calculations and database items

From: Frans H. <fransh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2002 02:35:35 -0700

shahirakk_at_yahoo.com (shahira) wrote in message news:<78d70b8f.0204101606.4ce92e15_at_posting.google.com>...
> I am very confused wrt the property of an item in a block if it is
> moved from one block to another.
>
> In order to get a count on a column - I moved an item out of one block
> into another. However the total number does not insert into my
> database. Do I need to specify some kind of trigger to do this ?
>
> Can anyone help on how I would do this - so that I get the count
> function and the item's contents showing in the database.
>
> Still new to oracle forms
>
> Shahira

Shahira,
a calculated item cannot be a database item. If you want a calculated item to written in the databaseyou have to put the result of the calculation in an item that is a database item. You can use a pre-insert trigger for this. like :database_item := calculated_item;

hth
Frans H. Received on Thu Apr 11 2002 - 11:35:35 CEST

Original text of this message