Re: writing blob to file on disk in pl/sql server

From: Mark <markg_at_mymail.co.uk>
Date: 4 Apr 2002 01:14:29 -0800

Using DBMS_LOB on its own will not do all you require, you can indeed read a line from a BLOB into a variable but you need to write it to the OS. If it was a CLOB you were dealing with you use UTL_FILE to write it to the OS. However, you cant use UTL_FILE for binary info so you will have to use an External Procedure.

This subject has been covered by myself and others in newsgroups, try doing a search via Google on the subject (saves me repeating myself!)

I know the following link works (cut and paste whole link into browser)

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=markg+blob&hl=en&selm=ab87195e.0201220107.6cdeeaeb%40posting.google.com&rnum=2

HTH, M