Re: L:ist - Can do/do better in MS SQL than Oracle

From: tingl <tlam15_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Apr 2002 15:16:14 -0800

I think he is only querying about database here. When it comes to software purchase, I always like to keep my options open. With Oracle, I have more choices of what OS and hardware to use. They don't require me to run my database on Windows.
You are right that we could go single vendor on either SQL Server or Oracle, but that's only a single product (database). A decision on one product should not limit the choice of another, at least in my opinion.