Re: Pro C/C++

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:02:44 -0500

Take a look at the Oracle Pro*C and OCI Programmer's manuals - they cover all your options for C/C++.
In a nutshell, you need to run the Pro*C precompiler to do Pro*C style programs.
OCI is a C based API you can call directly (no recompile) but is at a lower level.
You need similar libraries linked in with either one.

There are also some 3rd party C++ libraries that provide a cleaner (?) API for C++.
Rogue Wave is a COTS one, there are also a few open source options. I believe that most of these use the OCI calls under the hood.

-Peter