retrieve images

From: Frank Heuer <fheuer_at_oekodata.de>
Date: 15 Mar 2002 07:13:15 GMT

"Surfnet" <j.r.l.m.batailleREMOVE_THIS_at_uva.nl> wrote in news:a6r70l$7ea$3_at_news.surfnet.nl:

> Hello Tom,
>
> Next time please provide us with the name of the product and OS you're
> working with.
> If you run Forms on NT:
> create a non-basetable item and fill it with the Forms built-in
> GET_FILE_NAME.
>
> Regards, Joost
>
> --
> Joost Bataille
> University of Amsterdam ICT centre
> www.ic.uva.nl
>
> "tom" <tomdh_at_company.be> wrote in message

>> How can i make a browse window to retrieve images from the computer
>> you are working on if you don't know which file to use in advance.
>> With a browse window i mean a window like in windows when you open
>> something, so you can search a file and select it.

Hallo Tom, hallo Joost,

I had the same problem and solved it with this built-in (GET_FILE_NAME) in kombination with READ_IMAGE_FILE. But this built-in allows me just to select one file. But sometimes the user wishes to select more than one file at once.
Is there a solution for selecting more than one File in an directory and get an array of filenames back for prozessing in a loop? (Forms 6i, Server 8i, Plattform WinNT)

Let me know!

Frank
Germany Received on Fri Mar 15 2002 - 08:13:15 CET

Original text of this message