Closing terminal window shuts down OC4J

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2002 09:14:30 -0800

OS: Solaris 2.6. I follow the instruction to start OC4j: java -jar orion.jar &. (I run it in background so my command line is not taken). The problem is that I can't close this terminal window. If I do (after prompted "You have running jobs" twice), the OC4J server is shut down! I tried prepending nohup to the startup command. It doesn't help either; /usr/proc/bin/psig [the java -jar orion.jar pid] indicates that the HUP signal is not "ignored" when run with nohup. When I close my terminal window, what the process should do is being inherited by pid 1 (parent changed from my shell to init). Is there a way for me to close my window without shutting down the server?

I opened a tar with Oracle (#2039200.996). They say it may be fixed in beta-OC4J 2.0. Can anyone confirm? I don't know my OC4J version but I downloaded a few days ago. My Readme file says it's part of 9iAS 1.0.2.2.1.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com Received on Thu Mar 14 2002 - 18:14:30 CET

Original text of this message