Re: Running forms 6i on client

From: Keld Nielsen <keldnielsen_at_image.dk>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 01:33:35 +0100

"Ryan Gaffuri" <rkg100_at_erols.com> wrote in message news:a6okt5$6al$1_at_bob.news.rcn.net...
> If your going to run this in client server mode, then you have to have
forms
> runtime loaded on each machine you are going to run it on. Then go to
> regedit and find out where your forms60 path is. You can change it to the
> directory of your choice(Id recommend doing this). Put your .fmx ones in
> there. You can run the form by just clicking on it.

well, this is how it's done where I'm currently earning my 2c! - and it's win - not Oracle !

[Quoted] Forms runtime loaded on each machine ? Why ? copy forms runtime (and any other ora exe files which may be needed) to a (mapped) drive where the users have access. Create a script which will

--
[Quoted] set the environment variable(s) :

FORMS60_PATH=<fmx location>;<oracle files location>
REPORTS... etc.

<start> forms runtime <parm whatever>
--
create a desktop link to the script on the client.

Regards