Re: MS Access to Oracle Migration Tool

From: <ckh>
Date: 7 Mar 2002 02:20:04 GMT

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:08:15, "trub3101" <michael_at_bassline01.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have just migrated a MS Access database to Oracle 8i by exporting it to a
> flat comma-seperated file and using SQL*Loader populate the Oracle database.
>
> Are there any tools out there for migrating between MS Access and Oracle
> (and vice-versa I suppose!).
>
> Thanks (in advance)
>
> tb3101

Yes, lots of solutions with varying tradeoffs. For smallish tables, use the row limited nxtract utility against the Oracle EXP .dmp file.

You'll get a tab delimited file that most applications can read.

  http://www.kiyoinc.com/nxtract.html Received on Thu Mar 07 2002 - 03:20:04 CET

Original text of this message