Re: exp oracle 9 -> imp oracle 8 problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 22:43:02 +0100

On 4 Mar 2002 13:29:13 -0600, allenh_at_starbase.neosoft.com (Allen) wrote:

>Any idea how I can export a table from oracle 9 and import it into an
>oracle 8i database? table contains a LONG column.
>
>thx.. allen

You can export a table from Oracle 9 into Oracle 8 by using the Oracle 8i exp utility against the Oracle 9i database. You might need to run a catexp?.sql script further details in your documentation or on Metalink. You should discontinue use of LONGs asap, as they are obsolete.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Mar 04 2002 - 22:43:02 CET

Original text of this message