Re: Seeking opinions on firewalls

From: JB <nospam-randolph-nospam_at_plantnet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:47:42 GMT

I have run Oracle through a Raptor Firewall, and it always seemed to act a little "strange." Sporadic connection failures and the like. I contacted support for both Oracle and Symantec, and they just kept pointing their fingers at each other.

Of course it could have been my particular setup, but I probably wouldn't recommend using it. I have heard that Checkpoint does a pretty good job of passing Oracle data correctly.

JB