GUI Options and Licensing

From: Gregg Floren <gfloren_at_easystreet.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 22:35:21 -0000

I'm trying to get a clear picture of my options for deploying web forms - We're running character forms right now. We are licensed for Server EE and Developer. My local Oracle sales rep says that I have to buy the app server, but the tech support folks say I can use the WebDB listener. Apparently the WebDB listener does not implement servlets only CGI and "does not have the "highly advanced features that cater to complicated scenarios" that the app server does.

This web deplayment is a whole new ball game for us. I know next to nothing about "thin clients", Java, etc. Can anyone clear up the licensing question? Who's right? Do I need tha app server? And what would I be sacrificing if I went the WebDB route (assuming that's possible)? Could I still do field by field validations on forms, or would I have to submit whole pages at a time? Received on Sat Feb 09 2002 - 23:35:21 CET

Original text of this message