Re: Application Server 4.0 caching the Java Servlet Program

From: James W. Anderson <jwadsl01_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 13:35:46 -0500

I'm very rusty on Java servlets since I haven't worked with them for about a year now, but I seem to recall there is a specific directories you should use for servlets that are updated frequently, and another directory for those that aren't. Read the administration guide and see if you aren't putting your servlets in the "less frequently changed" directory. The Java Servlet Development Kit comes with a lightweight servlet engine that works this way, I just can't remember how OAS implemented this.

And by the way, if there's any way on earth that you can ditch OAS and switch to 9i Application Server, by all means please do so. 9iAS uses Apache for the web front end, which is faster, more stable, and much easier to find support.

"Tony Fung" <nkmfung_at_cs.cityu.edu.hk> wrote in message news:a3t96t$gtf2_at_news.cityu.edu.hk...
> Hi all,
>
> I am working with Oracle8i databse and Oracle Application Server 4.0. Now
> need to develop some Java Servlet's Program. I successful configure the
> server and my Servlet program can connect to the Oracle database.
>
> However, when I make some modification to the program and recompile it.
The